In April of 2017, I began creating my First Ever Dungeons & Dragons (5e) Module, ‘Frost Rhealm’. (Check out how it came to be, HERE)
After 6 months of working on it, I stepped away from Social Media (Twitter & The D & D Community) for 15 months (Kept playing D & D), then returned this January.
Since then I continued working on ‘Frost Rhealm’, and have at last Published it!
Here are the Links if you’d like to check it out:
Available on DriveThruRPG Here
Available on BONANZA Here
I hope you enjoy the Adventure!
Several months ago, I came across what looked like an amazing RPG Product… ‘Remarkable Inns & Their Drinks.’
The cover alone blew me away, but the concept of a book like this, especially because I’m primarily a Dungeon Master, really excited me.
Two weeks back, I contacted the Lore Smyth Company asking them when their Hardcover would be available again on their Site (It’s Sold Out, on their Site, but there is a Hardcover Version Available on DriveThruRPG).
I’ve wanted it since I saw it.
I then went on to tell Chris The Founder, how I’d love to Review the Product (You can check out my other Reviews HERE)
Though The Hardcover Isn’t currently available on his Website, he did send me a PDF so that I could Look at & Review the Product.
Here we go;
The Cover alone had me sold on this Product
First of all, the Art is Exceptional… Alluring
Section 1 : Remarkable Inns
In this Section, they give Info. about 8 different Inns, Including;
- Innkeepers & Staff
- Notable Patrons
- Menu Specials (Food & Drink)
- Rumors & Secrets
- Other Inn Specific Things
This Section is Amazing and Elaborate, and includes descriptions of Inn specific Food & Drinks
Not only that, but there’s 42 Pages of it!
Right away, there’s so much Info. at a DM’s disposal
Section 2: Bringing Your Inns To Life
“This section provides everything
you need to bring your inns
to life, and offer your heroes
fun things to do when they are
visiting. Some are presented
as optional rules. Others
are intended to spark your imagination and
encourage you to find new fresh ways to handle
an otherwise ordinary visit to the tavern.”
(Quoted from Book)
This book is so Elaborate (I know I keep using this word, but it is)
So thought out, so thorough
Here are the Topics in this Section;
- Disposition (Such as Inn Preferences towards certain Classes, or Races (Including Disposition Levels (Ranging from Violent, to Non-Viloent), The Effects of Disposition, Being Favored
- The Innkeeper’s Authority (Including, Gaining The Innkeeper’s Favor)
- Security (Including things like The Characters Sensing Danger, The Virtues Of Low Security, Getting Away With Murder
- Wealth & Prices (Including things like Poor Establishments, Wealthy Establishments)
- Lodging Establishments (Including Common Services, Uncommon Services, Respected Trustee, Exotic Services, Home Base & Long Stay, Postal Messaging (Including Prices))
- Work & Training (Including Prices)
- Food & Drinks (Including Common Dishes & Drinks (Including Pricing), Scarcity & Preserving Food, More Than Just Beer)
- Outlandish Dishes & Drinks (Including Prices) (Delightful Tea & Drinks, Magical Draughts)
- Games & Gambling (Including Distracting Opponents & Cheating)
- Extraordinary Games (Including several Extraordinary Games)
- Duels & Bar Fights (Including Creating Epic Brawls)
An unbelievable Section (26 Pages of Brilliant Material)
Section 3: Create Your Own Inn
“You’ve challenged your heroes to
smite mighty dragons, or restore
honor to the realm. You’ve crafted
backstories and monsters, guilds
and maps to parts unknown. Why
not create your own tavern – the
heart and soul of the adventurer’s journey?”
(Quoted from Book)
Here are the Topics;
- Structure & Location
- Unusual Locations
- Inn Characteristics
- Decorating Your Inn
- 100 Memorable Things To Characterize Your Tavern
- Creating The Innkeeper & Servants (Including Appearance & Personality)
- Deepen Your NPC’s
- 100 Story Hooks For Your Inn
All I can say, is Wow (13 Pages in this Section)
Elaborate (Again), Thorough, Imaginative
This Book is just as Impressive as I thought it would be, judging by the Cover, and Concept
I can not Recommend it enough to Dungeon Masters looking to further Deepen their Game Play experiences for their Players… And their selves.
Or just to mix things up from what you normally put in your worlds, whether Homebrew, or Module Etc. based.
Remarkable Inn’s & Their Drinks is Available on their Website HERE
And DriveThruRPG HERE
Also Here’s their Twitter LoreSmyth
Also keep an eye out for ‘Remarkable Shops’ which they recently Kickstarted (More info. HERE)
I wasn’t paid to do this Review, I just knew when I saw the Cover & Content, it was going to be great
Thanks for checking out my Review!
You can Follow me on Twitter @Dragon_Ryder7
I Redrew my Map for ‘The In Time Casino’, which I created for my ‘Great Game’ Poker-ish Tournament that I ran last year, and my current ‘Tournament Of Riches’ Tournament, that I’ve been running the last week.
Feel free to use the Map with my ‘The Great Game’ RPG Supplement I launched today on DriveThruRPG, or for anything else you may want it for.
- The 10 Poker-ish Tables are numbered
- The ‘X”s on the Map are where Guards are posted, to protect the Neutralness (Good Guy/Bad Guy competitors) of the Facility
- The angular areas on the left and the right front of the map, with stairs leading to them, represent where fans can watch the tournament from
- Right to the left, and right when you go through the two sets of double doors, are Bars for fans to get drinks (Competitors are served drinks during competition, but may go to bars between Rounds of Play)
- The two Circles with Stars in the middle, are Statues
- On the left and right, you must go down the great two step stairs to get to the Table area
- The rectangles with rectangles in the middle of them on the left and right, are Stages for bands or Bards to perform live music for the competitors during play
- The circle with a circle in the middle of it when you first walk in is a fountain
- The square with a square in the middle of it in the center of the facility is the main stage, where things will be announced about the competition those that are running it
- In the middle beyond the fountain, where there are two doors (One on the left, one on the right) allowing entrance into an area with 8 seats, are for those that which to me anonymous watchers may sit and watch through a one sides mirror
- In the upper left and right corners, there are stairs to two identical areas, where Nobles & or People of importance may watch the tournament
- At the top of the map, there are 4 doorways in what are glass walls, which lead to outside balconies
- Between the two balconies are 8 tables, where very expensive seating/eating occurs during the competition