My Latest 5 Drawings for my upcoming Dungeons & Dragons 5e Module, ‘Frost Rhealm’
I’ve been working on a Dungeons & Dragons 5e Module, called ‘Frost Rhealm’
5 Weeks ago I created an ‘Audio’ Trailer for it, and put it on YouTube
Someone recommended that I make it into a Podcast, so here it is!
Check it out, a Story Based on my ‘Frost Rhealm’ Module
What Is ‘Frost Rhealm’
Two and a half years ago, I returned to D & D (I hadn’t really played since the early 2000’s), one of my greatest passions.
I began playing in the 80’s, then again in the 90’s, a blend of Basic/Expert & A D & D.
I was the Dungeon Master for two campaigns, but ran a handful of other Sessions, and was only a Player a couple Sessions here and there.
In 2017 I joined the D & D Twitter Community, and found out about 5e.
I never really got into 2e (Though I owned the books), and the other Editions seemed a bit too complicated/bogged down for me.
Partly because I’m not a big reader, also because I feel Rules are meant to bring Realism to games, but when I was a Teenager, I found that groups that I wasn’t running would spend 80% of the time arguing over rules.
For me Stories are all about Characters, Character Development, Story, and Story Scope… And I applied the same philosophy to Roleplaying/D & D.
I’m definitely not saying that there’s only one way to Roleplay/Play D & D, this is just the way I played.
That said, when I was exposed to 5e, I was blown away by the rules.
I quickly purchased a Players Guide, and initiated a group with some people I knew.
Until I fully understood the rules, I wasn’t going to DM (Dungeon Master), though the majority of my D & D had been me as Dungeon Master.
Also, I never used Modules, I created Homebrew Campaigns/Material.
Once I started to play D & D again, and connect with the D & D Community, I started a Vlog, and started doing Videos of discussing my Homebrew Creating Process.
Which led to ‘Frost Rhealm’
Which led me to considering Publishing ‘Frost Rhealm’ as a Module.
Several months later, I stepped away from Social Media, and though I kept playing D & D, I stopped working on my ‘Frost Rhealm’ Module.
At the end of 2017 the group I was in ended, and several months later, I picked up the 5e Dungeon Masters Guide, and began a new Campaign with me as the Dungeon Master.
It was a one person Campaign, but I run many Group Member NPC’s, they just don’t make the big decisions.
A year later, I found myself missing the D & D Community, and returned to Social Media/Twitter.
Threw up a few Vlogs, but mainly have continued playing my One Person Campaign, but also picked up my ‘Frost Rhealm’ Module, and poured a bunch more time into it.
For 2 or 3 months, I created and Published some NPC’s on DMsGuild and DriveThruRPG, but ‘Frost Rhealm’ was my main focus.
Once the content was largely complete, I knew I needed Art and Maps for the Module to look right.
But first I needed to generate some Funds for it.
Once I did that, I hired an Artist by the name of Allen Childers, met with him, and began what would be a 10 Drawing Project.
I then met with a Cartographer (Map Maker), but couldn’t quite afford the costs.
Also, I loved this Picture I came across…
by an Artist who goes by Ryky, it really made me think of ‘Frost Rhealm’, so I purchased the Rights to use it on my Cover etc.
Here’s the Art Allen has done for me so far! (Plus Ryky’s Piece)
I also Interviewed myself about the Project if you’re interested in more Details about ‘Frost Rhealm’ Itself
And created a Audio Trailer for it here
I’ve been so happy with Allen’s Art, that I decided I want to try and generate Funds for 10 more pictures (Slideshow below)
If you’d like to Contribute towards More Art, here’s the Link
At this point I need to figure out the Maps, Allen has 6 more Images to Create, and I need to work on the overall look of the Interior.
Thanks for checking out ‘What Is Frost Rhealm’!
I Redrew my Map for ‘The In Time Casino’, which I created for my ‘Great Game’ Poker-ish Tournament that I ran last year, and my current ‘Tournament Of Riches’ Tournament, that I’ve been running the last week.
Feel free to use the Map with my ‘The Great Game’ RPG Supplement I launched today on DriveThruRPG, or for anything else you may want it for.
- The 10 Poker-ish Tables are numbered
- The ‘X”s on the Map are where Guards are posted, to protect the Neutralness (Good Guy/Bad Guy competitors) of the Facility
- The angular areas on the left and the right front of the map, with stairs leading to them, represent where fans can watch the tournament from
- Right to the left, and right when you go through the two sets of double doors, are Bars for fans to get drinks (Competitors are served drinks during competition, but may go to bars between Rounds of Play)
- The two Circles with Stars in the middle, are Statues
- On the left and right, you must go down the great two step stairs to get to the Table area
- The rectangles with rectangles in the middle of them on the left and right, are Stages for bands or Bards to perform live music for the competitors during play
- The circle with a circle in the middle of it when you first walk in is a fountain
- The square with a square in the middle of it in the center of the facility is the main stage, where things will be announced about the competition those that are running it
- In the middle beyond the fountain, where there are two doors (One on the left, one on the right) allowing entrance into an area with 8 seats, are for those that which to me anonymous watchers may sit and watch through a one sides mirror
- In the upper left and right corners, there are stairs to two identical areas, where Nobles & or People of importance may watch the tournament
- At the top of the map, there are 4 doorways in what are glass walls, which lead to outside balconies
- Between the two balconies are 8 tables, where very expensive seating/eating occurs during the competition
Though my Campaigns have always been Homebrew, I’ve always been curious about ‘Waterdeep’.
And last year, I decided to start merging Faerûn, and more specifically Waterdeep, into my world.
Thus, I have ‘two’ Material Planes within my world.
My Campaign has become largely Political, and Party has done much to bring peace in 3 of my 6 continents.
They are, however, not really ‘treasure hunters’.
And thus, I also use Waterdeep as a place where they can purchase certain Magic Items.
Basically, Waterdeep has largely become a place where my Party can get away from the troubles of their own Material Plane, shop, eat out at expensive restaurants, stay at nice hotels (Inns).
Following that line of thinking, came the creation of ‘The Great Game’.
A Poker-ish Tournament held at a lavish Casino, and managed/ran by The Masked Lords of Waterdeep.
It ended up being a great break from some of the regular day to day RPG activities, and an awesome opportunity for Roleplaying.
Including the fact that within the walls of this Casino, is a ‘neutral’ zone, meaning ‘good guys’, and ‘bad guys’ alike are welcome.
The facility is protected from the use of Magic, and all weapons are left at the door, allowing for this to happen.
Six months later (In game), I felt it was time to have another Tournament, and thus I created ‘The Tournament Of Riches’, which we’ve been playing during the last week.
It was during this last week that I decided that I’d like to share the Poker-ish Tournament with the RPG Community (This Supplement will work with any RPG System or setting).
And thus yesterday I sat down and typed up basically how it works, spruced up its’ presentation a bit, and Submitted it to @drivethrurpg.
It was approved, and launched today! Here